Saturday, May 2, 2009

They don't make 'em like they used to

The Big Ticket is a stupid nickname. I said it. You were all thinking it and I said it. It doesn't have that same... "je ne sais quoi" that the basketball nicknames yore had. Names like "Magic" Johnson, "Air" Jordan, "Dr. J" Erving, or my personal favorite "Dr. Dunkenstein" Darrell Griffith. When names were given to players it was because of heart, and simple names like Magic, Air, or Doctor really made those players legends. Dr. Dunkenstein wasn't simple but how is that name bad?

Kevin Garnett's nicknames are just pathetic... "The Big Ticket" makes him seem like he's a side show at the local circus... and calling him "Franchise" is just plain ol' ridiculous. We gotta come up with a better nickname for this guy. Something as good as "The Mailman" Karl Malone.

I may not succeed... but at least I've tried... and maybe, just maybe, I'll come up with the new nickname for this legend... as quoted by someone I don't need to name: "Anything is Possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment